Have you been considering expanding your business?
NEW DATES ANNOUNCED:
Session 1: Thursday 16 September, 11 – 1pm
Session 2: Wednesday 6 October
Perhaps you’re looking to buy a new business, restructure your existing business model, or even thinking now is the right time for you to sell.
Stay one step ahead and be sure to attend this virtual Masterclass Series. This series will equip you with everything you need to know, including strategies to avoid contract pitfalls, negotiation tactics and tools to get you the deal you want.
We have teamed up with Australia’s leading partners from global law firm Herbert Smith Freehills, partners Rebecca Maslen-Stannage and Malika Chandrasegaran, to give you the practical, easy-to-action information you need to know for any business transaction.
If the age of the coronavirus taught us anything, it was that we have to prepare for everything and have our houses in order. Business transactions can be complex, confusing and technical, and as we head towards a post-pandemic marketplace, now is the time to learn all the steps so you can confidently drive your business’ success.
Why You Should Attend:
Secure your place today to these two-hour online masterclasses and you will walk away with a complete framework of the dos and don’ts in business transactions from a legal perspective, including:
- Key pointers in setting up a business.
- When is the right time to engage a lawyer and how to best interact with them?
- Top tips, traps and strategies on how to expand your business organically; key points to look out for in commercial contracts and high-risk matters — what you should really be thinking about.
- Negotiation dos and don’ts: Finesse your skills and learn how to best position yourself.
- When is the right time to expand by acquiring another business?
- How do I bring in financing?
- Key considerations for taking on a business partner or equity investor. When is the right time? What are the key matters to agree on up front?
- How to structure your business in preparation for sale down the track: A deep dive into your business structure, expanding, selling and entering a joint venture.
Who Should Attend?
These masterclasses have been specifically designed for:
- Business owners
- Business leaders: CEOs, CFOs, directors
No matter the type and size of the business you own or your profession, skills or knowledge, these masterclasses will equip you with the practical tools to prepare for a successful future, with expert guidance from some of Australia’s best recognised legal professionals.
Rebecca and Malika have dealt with some of Australia’s largest transactions and help countless businesses ensure that they have all bases covered in order to ensure success. They will impart decades of legal wisdom to ensure that you know the legal pitfalls and opportunities in any legal transaction.
These masterclasses will be centred around hypothetical case studies, including “real world” elements from the business landscape, and will come with a workbook for viewers to work on throughout the presentation.
Have some burning questions you would like answered by our expert speakers? Our masterclasses will be live and interactive and our speakers will be answering questions on the day. Jerome Doraisamy, deputy editor of Lawyers Weekly, will host polls for the audience and put questions to the presenters in real time.
You can purchase one or both of these masterclasses, depending on what you are looking for. Those who purchase both sessions will be eligible for a discount.
Arm yourself with all the information you need to know for any business transaction by securing your place now! Limited places are available.